An increasingly important part of our ‘corporate’ work, this utilises our knowledge of the repertoire and an extensive Music Industry contacts book developed over many years. Our Publishing Company – “Aran” is a publisher member of the MCPS, providing us with access to the ‘PRS for Music’ on-line database.
If you need to use commercial music as part of your project we can:
- Identify all the rights holders for a given work and the rights holders for the medium in which it is reproduced
- Seek permissions for music recordings, music compositions, printed music and lyrics
- Licence the permissions so that they can be included in you product
- Arrange contracts between yourself and the copyright holder
Our unique selling point is that even if permission to use a certain track is refused, we are nearly always able to offer a solution. We might suggest a similar alternative track, prepare our own ‘cover version’, or compose and produce a ‘bespoke’ piece of music, using the wider facilities of the company.
Other ‘clearing’ work
Although music is our speciality we also have experience in getting other types of material “cleared”, including:
- TV footage from many different sources
- Trailers from major Film Companies
- Music Videos via digital download
- Pictures and artwork
Clients have included:
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Antena television
- Cwmni Da television
- University of Wales Institute, Cardiff
- National Grid for Learning
We have a growing catalogue of music, through our media work and music produced for our record label. We also have administration agreements with some of the largest TV Companies in the region and handle their music publishing rights. If you would like us to publish your music, and secure the income that may be generated through its use, then please get in touch.